Tuesday 17 February 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service Review

Kingsman: The Secret Service
My Rating: 8/10


"An overall cool movie.

Full of likable written characters and amazing performances. All of the main cast, especially the lead; Taron Egerton did a wonderful job.
The villain was memorable, the action scenes were fantastic and a bit of heart brought it home.
This is Stormbreaker but 100 times better and for adults. It's kind of a shame the film is not suitable for a young audience. The only reason I say that is because the Colin Firth Character was so cool with his gadgets and gentlemanly manner he'd have been quite a cool role model. Same for some of the other leads.

It was so REFRESHING to FINALLY see Mark Strong as a GOOD GUY role! OH MY GOSH. That guy has done his duty for the dark side and it was wearing a bit thin. Mark Strong is a wonderful good guy and it makes me so happy. Oh yeah and Luke Skywalker was in it and that was awesome. (Oddly enough in the comic book the film was loosely based on the same character he played was actually 'called', Mark Hamill.')

So my issues with the movie were these,
Something happens with Michael Caine's character towards the end and it kind of felt tacked on, a bit unconvincing. And afterwards the team felt a bit broken to me. 

I loved seeing Eggsy's mum and sister and every moment with them felt so real. But there was not enough of it, and not enough of time with Eggsy and his mum. What was there was good but it could have dived even further into their relationship. 

My last issue with the film is a lot of transitions bothered me, some were just really ugly and took me out of the moment.

An action film with charm and heart. I highly recommend. OH, and way better than Stormbreaker."

Rotten Tomatoes Rating:72%
IMDB Rating:8.3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment