Saturday 10 January 2015

22 Jump Street Review

22 Jump Street
My Rating: 10/10


"I've not reviewed the first one but I'd say I'd give it a .. hmm.. 6/10. Enjoyed but mind was not blown, at all. It had some unique qualities (The partnership was excellent) but ultimately it was just another cop spoof.

Then I saw 22 Jump Street. Everything was perfect. I was laughing a lot, at almost every joke, every edit and cut. It worked in similar vain to Edgar Wright's comedy film making. 
Which brings us onto.. Hot Fuzz. Hot Fuzz is one of my favourite films and an excellent police spoof so I am constantly comparing similar recent releases with it (The Heat, Let's be Cops). 
(I'm not including Leslie Nielsen films because he is God)
I think 22 Jump Street gets as close as an american (team) police spoof will ever get to as good as Hot Fuzz.

Why? No, it's not just because it has the laffs. The drama between the characters is a lot better than the previous one or any other spoof cop film of late. It does not feel predictable or unrealistic.

Oh yeah and I really don't like many of these 'college spoofs' either, luckily that matters not in this case.

Go see it folks! "

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 84%
IMDB Rating:7.2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment